Here is a life enriching, challenging and fulfilling career opportunity.
Put your passion for teaching into practice, as a facilitator who makes learning come alive. We have an excellent teacher-student ratio, and provide our staff ample opportunities for professional and career advancement through regular skills development workshops.
The Guidance Counselor provides student support for post-secondary options including college, gap year, technical programs, and career planning.
- Assisting students in identifying suitable post-secondary options, colleges and universities that match their career goals.
- Advising students on all aspects of the college admissions process, including test preparation plans, personal statement and essays, and financial planning.
- Writing well-crafted and detailed recommendation letters, submit school reports, registration and accommodations for standardized testing.
- Collaborating and communicating with colleges and universities to ensure admission requirements have been met.
- Assisting students with alternative post-secondary option exploration.
- Vocational programs.
- Gap year options.
- Specialized program selection.
- Planning and navigation of community college to four-year college path.
- Planning College Tours.
- Advising students on Job / Career Preparation.
- Resume building.
- Interview techniques.
- Professional presence.
- Supporting student transitions between high school and post-secondary options
- Planning parent/community education meetings geared around post-secondary options.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Candidate must have a minimum of a bachelor’s degree and hold a certificate in college or guidance counseling or have significant experience in college or guidance counseling.
- This person must have thorough knowledge of the college admissions process and expertise assisting students in navigating a complex college search and admissions process.
- A thorough knowledge of special accommodations and deadlines for the SAT, AP, and ACT is a must.
- Candidates should have knowledge of alternative post-secondary options such as vocational or gap year programs and be able to support students in preparing for the workforce or finding internship opportunities.
- This person needs to relate well with adolescents. Experience with Learning Disabled and ADHD is a plus. Our ideal candidate is an outgoing, well-organized individual who is eager to work in a highly dynamic, energetic school setting.
Requires an Occupational Therapist to work with students with varied special needs
Experience : Flexible for the right candidate
Mail your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org